Monday, March 5, 2012

Dream.Believe.Aim High!

  Basketball, The “Big Dream”

                         

               Since I was a kid, I like basketball as my favorite sport that’s why one of my hobbies is playing basketball. I can say that I even entered a basketball training clinic once before just to improve my basketball skills like dribbling, proper movement and positioning, endurance, shooting, etc. However, it doesn’t mean that I’m now really excellent in playing basketball. In fact, I suck in playing DEFENSE! Haha..that’s why I still keep on practicing hard and improve more, especially on defense,  during our varsity practices. Today, I’m a basketball varsity player representing MIT school and one of the reasons why I joined the varsity is to discover my potentials and to be a step closer of my “big dream” of becoming a professional basketball player in the future. For now, I watch PBA, a professional league in the Philippines and the player that I idolize and looked up to is James Yap of BMEG Llamados.

                        Image Detail 
                         Image Detail

               He is James Carlos Yap and he plays for the BMEG Llamados that’s why his current team that he plays with is my favorite team. I idolize him because of his sharp shooting and superb basketball skills. He is known as “Big Game James” as his monicker because every time the game is on the line meaning it’s a close game, James Yap shows up and plays BIG. He scores crucial points and has a big heart to finish the game for his team. There are a lot of times that he had hit the game-winning shots that declared his team the winner of those ballgames that’s why there’s no doubt that he is a 2-time champion and a 2-time PBA MVP, for his individual output. Now, he is still the main man of his team and every time I watch him and his team, either live or in television, I always admire him and dream of becoming like James Yap as a basketball player someday. I imagine myself playing in the venue where they play and playing as a professional player like my idol! J

         In varsity, I always strive and do my best to help my team. I practice hard and improve more, especially on defense because most people say like T.Chris and my other team mates that I really suck and need to improve my defense. However, my offense is really there. I always find ways to score and help my team offensively but they say that if I will improve my defensive skills and maintain my explosive offense, then I can become an all-around superstar, which I want to be someday! :D But first, I need to study hard and finish my studies to be able to fulfill my “big dream”. At the same time, I still need to practice harder, improve my basketball skills, and believe in myself that I have what it takes to be a pro basketball player someday and I can prove it to everybody! Basketball. Part of my life. My “BIG DREAM”. 

                 

The Arrival of the “Acid Tests

                Image Detail

                   The 3rd quarter examinations are coming this week and for sure, most of MITIS students, especially I will treat this as a bad news and we will have a scary and busy week finishing our projects and reviewing for the tests. For me, I consider the examinations as the “acid tests” because these examinations will dictate my overall grade for the whole school year as a 9th grader. In other words, if I fail or get low scores in my exams, I can say that my overall grade for the school year will be in jeopardy or in danger of getting my lowest overall grade in my life, but if I get an average or if lucky, high grades in my exams, I can say that my overall grade will be safe and can fully prepare for another tough but interesting school year, grade 10.

             Of course, for me, my grades for these upcoming 3rd quarter exams will dictate my grade for the whole school year that’s why it is really IMPORTANT to get higher grades this quarter for my grades to be surely safe! J I will study hard and give myself more time to review. I will lessen my time relaxing for a while and study first. I know it’s a huge sacrifice not only for me, but for all students. However, we will always think that it’s for our own good to be focused and get high grades. In life, in every hardwork, there is a prize later on so we will all target our goal of getting high grades this quarter. #Webelieveandwecanachieveall! J

                         Image Detail

  

No comments:

Post a Comment