Sunday, February 26, 2012

FOCUS VS DISTRACTION

             HAPPY TOM’S BIRTHDAY! J
                              

                              

                    Actually, Tom Noh’s exact birthday is on February 23 but we celebrated that “special” day of Tom last Saturday, February 25, 2012 at ATC because aside from we didn’t have class, the exact day of Tom’s birthday was a mixed of emotions!! I don’t want to recall it because for me, I consider it as one of those bad and emotional days of Grade 9 class although we, including our beloved adviser ;) and other teachers still celebrated and ate together to make Tom’s birthday memorable and to make a great farewell for the “3 Kings”, Jacob, Kevin, and Solomon!
       At ATC, most of Grade 9, including Ms. Mae, T. Lyle, and Ms. Chey joined the party of Tom (even though I came 45 minutes late) :P haha! First, all of us had great and fun time playing in Timezone! Some were together at the same time having good time playing. Jf and Tony were playing race cars. Jerry and Robin were playing Rambo, while Tim and I were playing basketball shootout, as USUAL! :D Then, our hunger had come..and we respected it so we went to Shakeys and it’s a TREAT from our beloved <3 Tom! Hahaha! I think all of us had great time eating and were full after that! Next, we watched “This Means War” and all of us enjoyed the movie, especially Robin, I think, because I saw him watching closely everytime an exciting and wild scene was being shown in the screen! For me, the movie was interesting because it was about 2 spies (FVR and Tuck) who are friends, competing with each other for 1 girl and they needed to capture Ivan, the killer.
        After those enjoyable events, we almost had nothing to do! We walked around and sit for a while while talking with each other. But the moment I will never forget for the day was when Tom almost fell down from the escalator. It sounds scary because it almost cost his life, but nice thing we were able to save him. However, the way he looks when he was trapped was really funny. Until now, I keep on laughing every time I remember it! Hahahaha! :D I hope someone took a picture of Tom during that time! Just KIDDING! It may be scary but it was really hilarious! Hahaha! Overall, I really enjoyed the whole day with Tom and Grade 9! J I had a great time and had fun with them! We bonded together and it was a pleasure for me that I was included during that party of Tom! Thank you again! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM! Next time, be careful with escalators! Hahaha..peace! XD

It’s the final push and I need to come up with a strong finish!

                 

                3rd quarter examinations are just around the corner and I admit that my school year so far is like a roller coaster ride because I had “ups and downs” in both school and personal life. Sometimes, I perform well and get very good grades but I admit that there are times that I get bad scores because sometimes I’m so lazy and I barely get affected with my personal life like adopting to the new life that I didn’t get used to when I was with my grandparents. Of course, it’s not an excuse and I need to take them off in my mind and focus now in my studies. If I will grade my performance academic wise, I think I only get a B+ overall because I have low grades in 2 subjects, Geometry and Chemistry. But in other subjects like Literature and Social Studies and others, I get A’s on those subjects. I admit that I really don’t like Math and Science that much because I’m more on reading comprehension and applying history to life, not on solving and analyzing problems. Maybe before I still get average grades in  Math and Science because topics that time are not that complicated yet but now, it’s the other way around!! But I’m really doing my best to improve and get higher grades!
           Now that we are almost at the tailend of the 3rd quarter and at the start of the last quarter of the school year, I know that I really must act now and do my move now while it’s not yet too late! I think I must give more time  on the subjects that I’m having hard times and maintain my good performances in other subjects! I need to focus now and if that happens, success will follow me, for sure. It’s my final push and I need to come up with a strong finish! J


1 comment:

  1. Oh Renzo. Your personality is just shining through in this piece. I can actually hear your voice as I am reading this. LOL. Good one! :)

    ReplyDelete